For the development of its customers' products, éolane group can, beyond electronics, take care of the mechanical design and associated manufacture of specific and tailor-made products. The 200 éolane R&D engineers and technicians are able to support customers in various markets, both for simple and complex integration products.
Area of operation
- Support for product definition
- Mechanical packaging, design via the éolane partner network
- Mechanical functions (static, kinematics, etc.)
- The associated design (in conjunction with the éolane production sites) with:
- Materials selection: plastics, steels, aluminium ...
- Processes selection: plastic injection, foundry, machining, sheet metal, resin ...
- Necessary numerical simulations realization (thermal, ...)
- Sourcing and auditing of manufacturers with the help of the purchasing department (prototypists, mold makers, etc.)
- Manufacturing monitoring, tool validation, in France and internationally
- Verification, integration of parts and mechanical functions
- Product qualification (environmental tests, drops, vibrations, shock, etc.)
- A Mechanical business fully integrated into the éolane product development process, around a global System approach.
- Multidisciplinary teams in permanent contact (Project, System, Mechanics, Electronics, Software, Purchasing, Production, etc.)
- A very wide variety of products already developed across many business sectors and their associated normative environments
- A network of proven partners through numerous collaborations (design firms and others ...)
- An average experience of 20 years
The éolane R&D department places the mechanical profession within a development process based around the system business. This process allows the translation of customer needs into technical and functional requirements as well as repeatability and project Retex implementation in all developments.
To achieve project objectives while integrating the production and integration constraints defined by the production sites, the 200 éolane R&D engineers and technicians have defined three main phases:
- Interface with:
- Environments in which the product will be used: customer, climatic, shocks, vibration…
- Other businesses involved in the scope of study: electronics, electrical, thermal...
- Normative environments: railways, automobiles, nuclear, aeronautics…
- Production services: purchasing, integration, logistics… for the DFx.
- Choose and size:
- Technical solutions chosen for the product according to cost, quality and time parameters
- Best compromises for materials and manufacturing processes based on target prices and quantities announced
- Best compromises for assembly and integration solutions based on target prices and announced quantities
- Product elements: specific parts design vs purchase of commercial parts
- Make the product manufacturable:
- Integrate the constraints and solutions adopted from the design file into parts and sub-assemblies
- Integrate the constraints linked to the chosen manufacturing process: undercuts (plastics / foundry), machining rework
- Quality acceptance criteria for appearance parts validated by suppliers and customers
- Definition file:
- Functional quotation, iso GPS
test and verification phase:
- Check that the product manufactured meets technical and functional requirements
- Tests and verification in internal or external laboratories
- Assembly and integration on the assembly lines with the integration sites services
- Development and processing of technical facts